With the growing demand of bandwidth due to state-of-the-art wire line and wireless technologies and the consequent necessity for expanding the national fibre optic network, the demand for test and maintenance instruments has increased manifold. This business group of MELSS has a focused team who work closely with service providers and network equipment manufacturers to offer the latest technology to the industry.
Telecom Products We Offer
- State-of-the-art automated test measurement equipment catering to optical fibre manufacturers and optical fibre cable industries for characterising vital parameters in pre- and post-production (refractive index profiling, fibre preparation, alignment and test automation, geometry and transmission parameters).
- Test measurement (wire line and wireless) products for telecom load characterisation simulation, network deployment and commissioning
- Optical passive components characterisation solutions are:
- Optical connector end face characterisation
- Optical insertion and optical return loss test products
- RF safety and EMF measurement products
- Programmable optical filters for optical component emulation, pulse generation and manipulation, DWDM system testing, Flexgrid system development, optical/microwave filtering
- High resolution optical spectrum analysers for picometer resolution spectral analysis in combination with a real-time measurement update rate of up to 10 Hz
Photonics Products We Offer
- A one-stop resource of building blocks for optical research (imaging, optomechanics, motion control, optics, fibre, light sources and analysis tools and specialised optical integrated applications.
- Optical prism coupler system for refractive index, thickness measurement solutions for displays and storage devices, polymer materials/coatings (PET, polyethylene, polypropylene), encapsulants (silicones, gels, epoxies), optical waveguides, semiconductor processing, LCDs energy (solar cells, LEDs), glass and polymer optics (visible and infrared), opthalmics (contact and eyeglass lenses), nanomaterials, biological sensors
- “WaveShaper” family of programmable optical processors provides a range of programmable optical filtering and switching solutions for optical R&D and production test applications.
- UV and LED based spot, area curing solutions. Photonics fluorescence illumination systems