ReTWis is a through-wall radar system capable of detecting, locating, and real-time tracking of human beings concealed behind solid barriers. ReTWis is a truly portable device which can be used for different purposes and in as many ways as;whenever you need to know whether there are human beings on the other side of the solid barrier and what their current location is. ReTWis is an invaluable tool in every case where having visibility is essential. ReTWis can see through most common wall materials enabling its users to view living beings at a range of up to 20 metres. ReTWis is the tool which can help track human beings buried in a rubble.
ReTWis through-wall radar is based on advanced Ultra-Wideband (UWB) technology utilising short electromagnetic impulses to penetrate the barrier. The signatures of people hidden behind the barrier are reconstructed by processing the reflected echoes from these people. ReTWis is optimised for detecting small changes in the received electromagnetic energy induced by human motion; slight micro-movements caused by vital signs (e.g. respiration) are also captured and displayed on the screen. Ultra-low power electromagnetic emission transmitted by ReTWis is harmless for both the user and the people behind the targeted human being.
Enhanced image processing implemented in ReTWis enables the user to determine the position of the targets, observe their movements in real time, distinguish between moving and stationary (just breathing) targets, and recognise their activity. In most application scenarios, ReTWis is assumed to be placed close to the wall. However, it is capable of operating in a standoff mode as well (mounted on a tripod). In general, ReTWis can penetrate through wall materials that are transparent for radio waves e.g., drywall, wood, concrete, adobe, and brick. A unique feature of the ReTWis system is its capability to see through perforated brick walls. The extreme thickness and high moisture content in the wall material may negatively impact the maximum radar range..
The product features are:
- Range up to 20 metre scalable in overlapping subranges
- Light weight – Typical base weight is 7 kg
- Breath detection
- Vertical/horizontal deployment
- Data recording
- Remote control over Ethernet/LAN
- Tripod and UGV mountable
- Intuitive user interface
- Size: 500 × 420 × 160 mm
- Weight: 7.20 kg (including battery)
- Battery life: up to 9 hr (14 Ah battery pack)
- Maximum radar range: 20 m (adjustable)
- Detection ability: Motion and motionless people
- Micro-movement/breathing detection
- High-sensitivity mode
- Real-time surveillance
- Remote control (wired and wireless)
Emergency Services – Rescuing People, Saving Lives!
- Search and locate victims among rubble after man-made or natural disasters
- Rapid decision-maker tool
- Knowledge of the exact location of the victims despite hostile conditions
- Explore the field before making decisions
- Save time and energy when searching for survivors
- Minimise negligence in emergency