MELSS works with businesses to develop custom-made solutions for stores and warehouse management. This includes:
- Handling of FIFO
- Location and Stock management
- Stock Take and Material issue using Mobile Handheld devices
- Barcode based solution to handle more than 10000 parts
One implementation includes delivering a solution to identify objects and their location in the warehouse.
The solution involved a web-based application that shows a visual map of the warehouse with various Bays. All materials in the warehouse would have pallet-identifying numbers.
Every time a new material is carried in to the warehouse, its location is fed into a Handheld Device which wirelessly updates the Database. This essentially, allows the user to view the utilization of warehouse space as well as gives him/her the ability to view the location of every item in the warehouse.
The solution can also be implemented using barcode or RFID technologies, which MELSS has considerable experience working with.
- Datalog Devices
- Microsoft Windows CE Based Handheld Devices
- Web service applications for wireless communication and Visual mapping on screen