The Six Dime Data Logger application was developed with the aim of providing a comprehensive solution for acquisition and mapping of the following key operational indicators:
- Traceability from Raw Materials (RM) to Finished Goods(FG)
- Stage wise Waste Analysis – Input Vs Output Comparison
- Machine Parameters
- Employee resource mapping to work centres, monitoring and control
At the same time, due importance was given to the human perspective as well – Operator Information and Operator Availability.
The Six Dime Data Logger, comprising a comprehensive Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and a Traceability Engine, covers every stage of the manufacturing process.
Barcode Printers are used to generate a barcode labels which would provide the unique identity to all RMs. Barcode scanners are used to read the barcode labels to facilitate tracking. RFID tags are also used for certain Incoming materials, and subsequently at each stage of the process.
RFID tags are read using RFID based Android Tablets and the data is transferred to PC for processing and establishing Traceability. At each stage waste analysis is performed and Output vs Input is compared. At each stage depending on the requirement, a HMI is provided to key in and monitor the set and process parameters respectively. Weighing system at certain stages is required to weigh the output material as part of the quality requirement.
The data acquired from hardware at each stage is interfaced with the PC which is equipped with the Traceability Engine to provide Tracking, Traceability functions and Productivity Reports & Analytics.
- Wastage / Loss Analysis/Productivity
- Shift / Machine wise Productivity analysis
- RM to Finished goods traceability
- Real time Work In Progress (WIP) Monitoring
- Time series data logging of machine parameters
- Handheld tabs can be provided upon request for mobile monitoring
- Material Accountability
- Scalable system where traceability and tracking can be implemented for example even at supplier end